- A “tear gas twister” was spotted in Portland during protests on Thursday night.
- Federal agents were deployed to the city on the grounds of securing federal buildings, and they have actually utilized tear gas and other non-lethal munitions on protesters.
- Check out Company Expert’s homepage for more stories
” Simply for clarity: I saw no evidence that this had anything to do with leafblowers. Those folks were all quite far away,” he tweeted Friday night.
Protests started across the nation after the death of George Floyd, a black guy who died when a white law enforcement officer kneeled on his neck for several minutes in Minneapolis– and in Portland they have gone on for more than 50 days.
— Matt Rashleigh (@Matt_KOIN) July 17, 2020
On Wednesday, Mayor Ted Wheeler was tear-gassed by federal agents outside a court house structure, Service Insider formerly reported
— Mike Baker (@ByMikeBaker) July 23, 2020
The agents were sent into the city after a recommendation from President Donald Trump who has actually required federal police officers to be sent to other significant cities like Chicago, Detroit, and New York City.
Representatives from Custom-mades and Border Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Transport Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Protective Service, and the Coast Guard are in the city, The New York Times reported
Officers have actually likewise been seen taking protesters in unmarked cars, detaining individuals without explanation, and shooting protesters at close quarters with effect munitions, Expert reported.
- Find Out More:
- Constitutional scholars are alarmed by Trump’s prepared ‘rise’ of federal agents to major United States cities
- New York City, Philadelphia, and Detroit mayors tell Trump not to send out federal law-enforcement officers over demonstrations
- Video from a Portland protest reveals mommies in yellow singing a haunting lullaby: ‘Hands up, please do not shoot me’